Want to make the new year a successful one? Well, who doesn’t. When the new year sets in, we are all hopeful that this one will be the best year for us, but how many of us really sit down to plan on how to make the new year a successful and a happy one?
12 months is a lot of time. Your entire life can change if you just put in some thoughtfulness.
Trust me, it does make a difference. And to be precise, a LOT of difference.
But most of us just hope, and wish that everything works out in our favour. It doesn’t work out that way.
If you feel that too many years have gone by simply hoping for a better year, then this year you need to make the change.
This year you need to experiment and see for yourself what happens when you put in your thoughtful attention and intentions to actually creating and planning a successful new year.
But, before this I hope you have reflected on your previous year even a bit. And if you haven’t yet, then here are 10 questions to reflect on your past year.
Anyway, after you have reflected on the year gone by, it is time to make a fresh start.
Why write a new year plan?
Table of Contents
1. To show enthusiasm towards life
It shows that you are enthusiastic about your future. Enthusiasm is really everything in life. And it was one of my top learnings from last year.
It shows LIFE that you are ready to make a change and also execute them. (Remember, life give you what you give to it and your life is just a reflection of you)
So when you write your new year plans, it is the first step that shows that this year you are ready to take charge of your life.
2. To create your own luck
When you write down your plan, you’re not simply waiting for luck, but are actually creating your luck.
When you’re unclear about what you want or where you want to go, you will never get them.
Writing your plans helps you to actually get clear about what exactly you want and what you need to let go of, so that when you have it, you can say for real, “I got it because I knew I wanted it , and so worked for it”.
Research has also proven that simply writing down your goals and plan makes you more likely to achieve your goals than when you simply hoped for it
3. To be accountable
Lastly, write down your new year plans for your own accountability, so that at the end of the year you can visibly see how much you progressed.
Just imagine how wonderful you will feel when you see yourself having reached the goals at the end of your year.
And even if you couldn’t achieve all of it, be kind to yourself. Atleast the lessons learned from making the mistakes will be enough, and you will move forward in the coming year with more wisdom and self-knowlege.
Its all about letting each year add up to who you are and how you are going to live life.
This year I am yet again ready to take charge of my life, and here are the exact 10 questions I am going to answer as I plan for my new year, which I shall share in my next blog post.
So with this, I don’t want to delay any further, and share the 10 questions which will help you plan your new year.
10 questions to plan for a successful new year
- What will be my theme for the new year?
- What are two qualities I want to cultivate in me this new year?
- What are my intentions for the new year?
- What are three habits I am letting go of this year?
- How do I plan to take care of myself and my energy this year?
- What areas of my life needs my immediate focus?
- What are my yearly goals for each area of my life? What are the action steps I need to take to reach them?
- What is one thing I want to focus on for each quarter of the year?
- How do I plan to live my true self this year?
- What is the one thing I would want to thank myself for doing at the end of this year?
Related Posts helpful for New Year Planning
- 60 Achievable New Year Resolution Ideas for every area of life
- Things to do beginning of every month for a successful year
- How to create a simple daily routine
- 3 things to do if you lack self discipline
- How to FINALLY stop procrastinating
Pin for later 🙂
Happy New year!