This life is the greatest reservoir. It is full of abundance, prosperity, happiness, and success and has everything you dream of inside of it.
What you are able to take out from this infinite reservoir is all in your hands.
To get it, you must be willing to dig deep into it. But if we live our life only scratching the surface, we won’t be able to live out what we’re here for.
If you ask less from life, you will get less.
You have to demand big things from life and let life know you’re worthy of it. You have to let life see you’re also doing the work and being who you’re supposed to be. And then life will give you whatever you want.
Because we’re alive, anything is possible no matter what your situation is right now.
You can go from rags to riches. You can go from zero to hero. You can have, do and be anything you want if you want to. But first, you need to have goals and have the right life goals.
If you go about your life without any goals, you will be swayed away in all directions and you will end up accepting very less than what you deserve in life.
And that’s not what you’re here for. You’re here to be the highest version of yourself.
You are here to enjoy a fully lived life which you can say as you look back, “Oh! It was a wonderful ride living on this earth as a human being!”
So let’s start with what are life goals
What are life goals?
Table of Contents
Life goals are anything that you want to have, do and be in your life. They can be big life goals which you want to achieve or do at least once in your lifetime or small, specific life goals, but what matters is that you set them from your heart. They are what will help you define and shape your life.
Why set life goals?
Most of us don’t know what we want from life. We go each day letting life direct us rather than us directing our life. And the result? We end up being dissatisfied and angry at life.
But it’s not life’s fault when you aren’t clear in giving your instructions in the first place.
If you want life to treat you right, then first you need to communicate with it properly, and the best way to communicate is through your own heart and set your life goals, and write them down.
You need not keep a bunch of life goals, but you must let them become the centre of your life and strive your best to achieve them.
I believe these are the reasons why it is important to set life goals
- To clearly know what you want in life
- To shape the direction of your life
- To become the master of your own life
- To gain the motivation and never lose sight of what you deserve
- To give clear instructions to life as to what you want from it.
- To make it easy to plan how to create your dream life.
Types of Life Goals
To make it easy for you, I have divided these goals into 10 different types of life goals namely
- Personal life
- Self Improvement
- Financial Life
- Mental health
- Physical health
The following list of life goals is crafted to give you the inspiration to set your own life goals.
It is meant for you to not forget your dreams of what you want and who you want to be in life.
100 Life goals Ideas for creating your dream life
I hope that these goals give you the inspiration to seek out your fullest life.
After going through this list, don’t forget to sit down and write down your Top 10 life goals you want to achieve.
I give you tips on how to set life goals at the end of this post.
Pin for later
Personal Life Goals
1.Find a career you love
2. Go without complaining
3. Go without engaging in gossip
4. Overcome fear of public speaking
6. Learn and try new things in life
7. Go travelling once every 3 months
9. Challenge your negative self-talk and start speaking kindly to yourself
10. Always find something encouraging to say
Self-Improvement Life goals
1.Wake up early at 6 am and sleep by 10 pm
3. Write 3 pages in your journal every morning
4. Exercise every day
5. Read 30+ books every year and at least 1 book every month
6. Use social media at a specific time in the day
7. Don’t use the phone first thing in the morning
8. Work on your growth mindset
9. Create a daily routine that can stick
10. Challenge your limiting beliefs
P.S 30 day self improvement challenge Ideas
Travel Life Goals
1.Visit one new country each year
2. See sunrise/sunsets from all the beautiful places in the world
3. Walk/hike all the beautiful treks in the world
4. Go on a road trip with friends
5. Go on a cruise and live on a cruise ship for 100 days and see the world
6. Take a random flight
7. See wildlife and sea life up close
8. See the Northern lights
9. Visit countries around the world without taking a flight
9. Visit all 7 wonders of the world
10. Visit every country in the world
1.Don’t only be with someone who loves you, be with someone whom you equally love
2. Really listen when you are talking with your loved ones
3. Go out on dates every week even if it is a little walk together
4. Travel 5 new places together with your partner every year
5. Create a happy and harmonious family.
6. Spend screen-free time when with your loved ones
7. Raise your kids along with dogs and cats with your partner.
8. Give compliments more often
9. Call your parents at least once a week
10. Be a good friend
P.S how to make someone happy or smile
Financial Life Goals
1.Become someone who no longer has to look at the price tag and doesn’t have to worry about money at all.
2. Become the first millionaire in your family
3. Make a budget and stick to it
4. Set aside 10% of your income every month for investment- it can be investing in the stocks, in gold, or even investing in learning new skills.
5. Pay off all credit card debts
6. Save _______ amount by the next 5 years
8. Set aside some income for travel
9. Save for college and retirement
10. Do something that gives you _____ amount in salary
Career Life Goals
1.Turn your passion into a career
2. Earn promotions at work
3. Be rich and retire young
4. Start your own business or side hustle
5. Get a PhD
6. Build your own personal brand from scratch
7. Don’t engage in office drama and engage in gossip when at work
8. Be confident and have a strong sense of self in your workplace
9. Ask for a raise
10. Be sincere and indispensable in your workplace
Mental Health Goals
1.Work on your healing
2. Practice gratitude and write 3 things you are grateful for every morning or night before going to bed
3. Have a screen-free day once every week
4. Create a self-care routine and take self-care seriously
5. Get rid of the victim mindset
6. Go out on nature dates with yourself
7. Make your bed and keep your surrounding neat and tidy
8. Dance more
9. Let go of toxic people
10. Seek a therapist if you need help
Physical Health Life Goals
1.Eat more fruits and vegetables
2. Quit smoking, drinking and drugs
3.No to processed and packaged food
4. Stretch, exercise and feel strong in your body
5. Walk to places where you can
6. Be confident in your body
7. Walk at least 5000 steps every day
8. Keep your own water bottle and drink more water
9. Get 7 hours of good sleep every night
10. Do intermittent fasting once a week
Spiritual Life Goals
1.Meditate for 1 hour every day
2. Visit all the famous pilgrimages of your religion
3. Learn more about your own religion
4. Learn about other religions and their teachings
5. Be honest and never tell a lie
6. Read a few pages of your religious text every day
7. Apply faith and spirituality in all areas of your life
8. Learn Yoga
9. Love your life
10. Make God proud of you by being the best human being and doing his good work on his behalf.
Creative life goals
1.To become an author, singer, musician etc.
3. Take up a course on what you would love to learn
5. Create a living doing what you love
6. Run a marathon
7. Create your own blog
8. Start your own podcast
10. Live an interesting life following your creativity
So these were all my life goal ideas and examples.
Pin for later
I hope you found some inspiration.
How to set life goals
1. First, Dig deep into your heart. Take out time to really think and visualize what kind of life you want. Is the kind of life you’re living the one you’re proud of or happy to live?
Then write down the kind of life you want to live- and that includes what you want to have, do and what kind of person you want to be in this lifetime.
Remember that you’re already her, or him. You only need to dig deep into yourself and your truest self will shine.
2. Secondly, don’t set vague life goals, like, ‘I want to be happy’, or I want to be successful.
Define what you really mean by happiness or success. Be specific about your life goals.
Also, there is something very wrong in keeping your goal as happiness, because the more you only want to be happy, the more you make it a cause for unhappiness.
3. And thirdly, write down your top 10 life goals and also set a deadline for it. If your life goals are very big life goals, then set mini goals for that life goal.
For example, if your life goal is to save and buy your home in the next 5 years, then set a mini goal of how much you want to earn and save every month.
You can also write down the life goals you want to achieve by the next 5 years and 10 years and lastly, set another called goals for life which will be based on your core values and the person you want to be and what you want to be practising for life.
So these were some of my tips on how to set life goals.
What is one life goal you can’t seem to get away from? Something that calls you from deep within your heart? I would love to know in the comment below.
For me, it is to become a published writer and to become a true Buddhist someday.
You might also like:
- How to set goals the right way
- Monthly reset routine
- How to make life interesting
- How to set weekly goals and crush it
- How to become that girl + checklist
Leave a Reply