I love solo dates. They are something I take out time for regardless of my busy schedule. In this post, I have put together a list of more than 50 solo date ideas which I believe you would love to explore.
I truly believe solo dates are something we all should be doing every once in a while regardless of whether we are in a relationship or not.
Yes, solo dates are not just for the single women or men out there.
Solo dates should be and are meant for everyone because you need to build a solid and harmonious connection and relationship with your own self first if you want to have a harmonious relationship with another person.
You need to nurture your own self and fill your own cup first before you try to fill someone else’s cup.
Taking time for myself and doing things that I love, which fill my cup, has helped me come to love myself more and be kinder to myself.
I could give you thousands of reasons to date yourself, but here are the most important ones:
Why you should date yourself
Table of Contents
- You feel good in your own company
- You get out of your comfort zone
- You come to know your worth
- You stop people pleasing
- Your creativity improves
- You come to understand how to recharge yourself
- You learn to handle yourself better in different situations as you learn more about yourself
- You become strong in your own presence and worth
- You stop looking for unnecessary flings and hookups just to pass your time
- You become more intentional with your time and what you want
With this, here are some solo date ideas you will love.
Pin to save
Simple Solo Date Ideas
- Go for a mindful walk
- Go for a drive
- Cosy yourself up and read a book
- Treat yourself to your favourite food
- Dress up nice and go for dinner with yourself
- Get a mani-pedi done
- Go on a bookstore date with yourself
- Go out and buy yourself flowers and make your own bouquet
- Attend a play or live show
- Attend a pottery workshop
Fun Solo Date Ideas
- Book a yoga class
- Take an in-person dance class
- Take a local walking tour
- Book an Airbnb at a place you love and enjoy your own space
- Go on a weekend getaway
- Find a farm to go for fruit-picking
- Dress nice and get a solo photo shoot done
- Explore your area
- Go on a solo-trip
- Take a drawing or painting class
Cheap Solo Date Ideas
- Go for thrift shopping
- Go for a movie date with yourself
- Visit a farmer’s market
- Go for a mindful morning walk
- Go on a hike
- Make yourself a three-course dinner, put on some music and drink some wine
- Volunteer at an animal shelter or any NGO
- Take a novel with you and head out to a nice cafe
- Spend a day at the museum or an art exhibition
- Have a game night playing sudoku, board games or video games
Free Solo Date Ideas
- Go for a nature walk
- Cook a wonderful meal for yourself
- Do some star gazing by yourself
- Look in the mirror, play some music and dance like nobody’s watching
- Do a digital detox for a day
- Write a love letter to yourself
- Find a viewpoint and enjoy the sunset
- Spend a day in nature
- Take yourself on a picnic date
- Go somewhere in nature and read a book
Fancy Solo Date Ideas
- Take yourself out to a fancy restaurant
- Book a night at a fancy hotel
- Take a spa
- Go on a wine-tasting tour
- Go to an art gallery event
- Go to a jazz bar and dance the night away
- Go for jewellery shopping
- Go to watch an opera
- Go to an open mic night
- Go furniture shopping at an antique store
Solo Date Ideas at Home
- Bake a cake
- Grow your own garden
- Take a bath, light candles, put on your best comfy home attire, tidy yourself up and make yourself feel nice
- Redecorate your room and make a happy space in your home
- Learn some nail paint ideas and paint your nails at home
- Have a painting session by yourself
- Binge a show on Netflix for a day
- Meditate or listen to soothing music
- Listen to a Dhamma talk
- Take a warm mindful shower
Wrapping Up Solo date ideas
Pin to save 🙂
I hope you try these solo date ideas. It’s all about having fun with yourself, making yourself feel nice and uplifting your state of life.
Taking out time for myself always cheers me up and recharges me as no other thing can.
However, the essential thing here is to do them mindfully without rushing and enjoying your time with yourself being intentional and knowing that you are taking your time for yourself.
Personally, my favourite solo date moments while at home are gardening and taking care of my plants, potting new plants, propagating them, decorating my home and keeping a neat and tidy space.
I love going on my evening walks, drinking tea by the roadside on my walk, taking a walk in the hills, taking a mindful bath, and cooking myself some wonderful meals.
When I am feeling drained, I take out time for drawing, painting, putting on nail paints, taking care of my skin, and all such things and it makes me feel relaxed and good again.
I recently also took myself on a solo trip, booked an Airbnb and simply enjoyed my time there with myself in my own space.
I watched Emily in pairs, ordered food, went out for long walks, took myself to nice cafes, explored the new city and enjoyed my time so much.
It really felt like I was living my dream life and I look forward to more such times.
Solo dates are a must for everyone and it takes us not just one, but a hundred steps closer to loving ourself ore and in turn loving our life more.
What are your favourite solo date moments? And what new solo date ideas are you going to try? Feel free to write to me in the comments 🙂
You might also love
- Why you should make time for hobbies
- 50+ hobby ideas for adults to bring joy to life
- How to spend Me-time intentionally
- 5-minute self-care activities for busy people
- How to stop feeling stuck